I am 26 weeks and 5 days today. I am so excited that I am getting closer and closer to our first goal of 28 weeks! I really do think I will make it at least to the 28 week mark.
These last couple days have been so hard because my contractions have picked up a lot. I keep failing my contraction monitoring tests each morning and night. I am okay if I only have 5 or under in an hour but if I hit 6 or above I have to give myself a bolus of medication, drink lots of water and test again. Usually the extra medication takes me down to 4 or 5 and I pass. The problem is a couple hours later I am back above my max. Today they finally raised the dose of medication so we will see what happens (Although I am monitoring now and not sure if I will pass tonight).
The good news is that I went to the doctor today and my cervix is holding steady at 2.9cm long. I am not dilated at all yet. I was so sure that after two days of nonstop contractions that my cervix would have changed. I guess the terb is at least helping to keep the intensity of them down so that they do not do any "damage." When I called the high risk doctor today to get an emergency appointment the nurse said I should go to Labor and Delivery to get some Magnesium Sulfate. I freaked out and started to cry. I told her I did not want to go to Labor and Delivery so the doctor agreed to let me come to the office. When I saw the nurse I told her never to say the word Mag to me :) I was on Mag last pregnancy and it was one of the worst experiences of my life. I can't even explain how bad that medication is on your body.
So the bedrest is working and keeping the weight off of my cervix which is helping it to hold steady. Although being on my side almost the entire day is taking a toll on my body I know it is only for a short time and it will all be over. Before I know it I will have a little girl in my arms and totally forget everything it took to get her here.
Thanks everyone for praying because I know that they are working! I don't know how I could have 4 or more contractions an hour 24 hours a day and my cervix hold steady! It has to be God!

No comments:
Post a Comment