CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Micah!

I can't believe my baby is 1 already! This past year has gone by so quickly. It seems like just yesterday that I was in the hospital trying my best to keep him inside....yet, so very very sick and ready to be done with it all. I am so glad that God gave me the strength to carry on for those extra three weeks. It was worth all the difficulties to have my precious boy now.

Micah is still slightly behind and a little small for his age but he is catching up quickly. He is crawling all over and pulling up to standing on almost anything he can reach. On our at home scale last night he weighed in at 17 1/2 pounds. I haven't measured his height but he is pretty short. We have a doctor's appointment next Tuesday for his normal check up and I am sure they will do all the measurements. I am curious to see if he is still under the 10th percentile.

Despite two trips to the hospital because of illnesses made worse by the prematurity and his immature lungs Micah seems to be healthy and doing good. We are a bit concerned about some blueness that we have noticed at times around his mouth. But his lips always stay bright pink and his fingers and toes have never turned blue so we are praying that it is nothing at all. We will be discussing this with the Doctor on Tuesday and we are sure there will be tests run to rule out possible causes. I will update on that after the appointment.

Thank you everyone for all of your prayers and support through everything we have gone through with Micah. We are so blessed to have such a special little guy.
















No comments:

Post a Comment