CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Awe

I am not sure how to even start this post.......


I was putting my children to bed tonight and having the wonderful conversations with each one that usually happen at night. I am not sure what it is about night time but they seem to open up and crave that heart to heart conversation. It wasn't anything extra special that we were talking about (we were praying and talking about how we can better serve the Lord and how much He loves each one of us) but during that time I just had this awe of how great our God is! I mean we all know God is great but it was like another light bulb went on in my being that was in total awe! Our God is a great and majestic God who loves and cares about each and every one of us.

At dinner tonight we were discussing the fact that children all over the world are starving and have very little to eat. I asked the children what we should do about it and we came up with a list of some ways our family might be able to help. We are going to start by praying for those children and praying that the Lord lead us to the area and need he wants us to meet. It was fun to hear some of solutions that the kids came up with. 1. Rent an airplane and drop food off to them. 2. Pack a box full of food and items to mail to them. 3. Send them blankets. 4. Fill up the car and drive the food to the starving children. Of course we discussed why some of these ideas would not work and we came up with some things that we as a family can do. It is so fun to listen to children and think about their wild ideas! Some of the things they say I automatically think "we can't do that." But the more I think about it, why not? I mean we don't have the means to do a food drop by airplane but why not go on a misson trip and take food to people in need? Why not step out of our comfort zone and live in complete trust that God will protect us and take care of our every need?

I am also feeling so incredibly blessed that God would give us another precious child. For months and months we were praying for him to send us the right child.....we were also praying that child would be Melody. Everyone said that it would take a miracle for it to work out. The adoption agency did not believe that we would get her. Yet, we took that step of faith and the Lord answered our prayers. What a journey the Lord has our family on right now! Adding a biological child to any family is a huge blessing and change but adding an adopted child adds a whole new dimension. It is hard to understand or even explain the feelings and emotions you have when the Lord entrusts you will a child that is not biologically yours. I guess it has opened my eyes even more to the responsibility we have as parents to raise up our children in the Lord.

I just feel the Lord at work in our family and I know that God has great things in store for us over the coming year. I just feel that he is calling us to step out of our regular routine and out of the safety and comfort of what we are use to and do more for his kingdom. I am so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment