Do not be anxious about anythng, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7
In the last six months I have been on my knees in prayer about the adoption daily. We have gone through many ups and downs. I find myself excited and then very discouraged. I believe that God has me on this journey for a reason and I am doing my best to embrace his mission for my life. We love this little girl so much and yet we are completely stepping out in faith that she will be ours. Due to the uniqueness of the situation we have done everything possible on our part (completing the homestudy, requirements, etc.) and now we wait. I find myself totally at peace about it all, giving every part of the adoption over to the Lord only to take it back at times. When things start to look bad or not go my way I take back the very thing I laid at his feet just hours before and I begin to worry. Once I realize what is happening I place this baby girl back at his feet and rest in the peace of God once again.
It has been such a journey for me going through this process. It is one that I would gladly do again (no matter what the outcome) because I have grown into a deeper relationship with the Lord through it all. I believe that the Lord allows difficult situations in our life because he knows that our character will be shaped and we will grow closer to him as we depend on him to get us through it. What an amazing God we have!

No comments:
Post a Comment