I know many of you have been praying about our adoption process so I wanted to post a quick update.
At the court date they did recommend termination of services for the birthmother. There has been a court date that is set for November 3rd. The judge will decide at that time if the birthmother even has the right to appeal. If he grants them the right to appeal there will be another court date two weeks later. If he does not grant them the right to appeal he will terminate services and Melody will start to make the transition to our home!
I was a bit discouraged because as of yesterday morning it looked like the social worker was trying to give the birthmother another chance and she even gave her 4 extra hours of visitation each week. I continued to pray and ask the Lord to intervene in this situation. Today is a new day and things seem to be turning our way yet again as the birthmother is not following her plan and "messing up."
This precious little girl really needs to be out of this whole situation and adopted as soon as possible. I am very excited that if she gets adopted we have a 98% chance of getting her! That is pretty good in my eyes! So please continue to pray for everyone involved. Say a special prayer for the WONDERFUL foster parents who have raised this little girl for almost all of her life so far. Pray that they would have a peace from the Lord that can not be explained. This roller coaster has been difficult on me and I can't imagine what they are feeling.
At the court date they did recommend termination of services for the birthmother. There has been a court date that is set for November 3rd. The judge will decide at that time if the birthmother even has the right to appeal. If he grants them the right to appeal there will be another court date two weeks later. If he does not grant them the right to appeal he will terminate services and Melody will start to make the transition to our home!
I was a bit discouraged because as of yesterday morning it looked like the social worker was trying to give the birthmother another chance and she even gave her 4 extra hours of visitation each week. I continued to pray and ask the Lord to intervene in this situation. Today is a new day and things seem to be turning our way yet again as the birthmother is not following her plan and "messing up."
This precious little girl really needs to be out of this whole situation and adopted as soon as possible. I am very excited that if she gets adopted we have a 98% chance of getting her! That is pretty good in my eyes! So please continue to pray for everyone involved. Say a special prayer for the WONDERFUL foster parents who have raised this little girl for almost all of her life so far. Pray that they would have a peace from the Lord that can not be explained. This roller coaster has been difficult on me and I can't imagine what they are feeling.

No comments:
Post a Comment