The Lord has worked in so many ways in my life that I thought I would start journaling about them. I never want to forget the wonderful and miraculous things that the Lord has done. I figured I would start blogging every few weeks about some of these works in hopes that it can be an encouragement to some of you.
I can't wait to share about our newest addition (Gracie) but I will save that for another day. I have a feeling God is not finished with that story yet!
I also can't wait to blog about my precious Mary but we will also save those stories for another day!
Today I want to share a story about something that a stranger did for my husband and I. We were living down in Stockton where my husband was finishing up pharmacy rotations. The year before we had been very disappointed because we wanted to move back home (to Fresno) but I didn't get a teaching job in Fresno that year so we had to finish up Mike's pharmacy school in Stockton. We knew that God had a plan but we just were not sure what it was. I found out I was expecting (Caleb) that year so I knew we were in for a long year. With my difficult pregnancies, teaching, and Mike off to work or school 7 days a week it was going to be tough. I didn't understand why God didn't move us closer to home.
Well the Lord got us though that year. He provided a wonderful couple from our church who basically stepped in and took over as parents to Mike and myself. They took care of Sierra when I was in and out of the hospital and picked her up from school when I was on bedrest. When Caleb finally came premature they were there to help every step of the way. This story is a miracle in itself but I will save that for another day also.
It was about time for us to get ready to move back to the Fresno area. Mike got his dream job at a Children's Hospital working as an inpatient pharmacist. We were ready to be more settled down. I finally was able to stay home with the children! The problem was we didn't know where to live. We wanted to start saving to buy a house but we were not sure where to start.
Well Sierra was in speech therapy and each week I would take her and sit in the lobby. One day I began talking to this lady (total stranger) just sharing about our big move coming up. I told her about Mike's job at the hospital in Madera. The lady looked at me shocked and shared that her husband and her had just bought a new house in Madera and it was almost done being built. She also shared with me that they had planned to move their family there but that God had other plans. Then out of the blue she asked me if Mike and I would like to move into their house! I wasn't sure what she meant at first but then she explained that she felt prompted by the Lord to ask us to move into their new house rent free! I couldn't believe it! Who asks a total stranger to move into their new (never been lived in) home for free????
It didn't take long for us to accept their offer and soon we were packed up and moving. It was such a blessing to be able to save up for our own new home while living rent free for awhile. God knew just what we needed at the time we needed it! He used this wonderful loving family as a blessing to our family. We will forever be grateful to them for trusting in the Lord and being obedient to his request.
Celebrating Life!
4 years ago

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete