We are trying to decide what to do as far as schooling for Sierra next year. We have three obvious choices and the Lord has not shut the door on any of them yet.
#1 Sierra could stay at Riverview and have another Christian teacher. There is a 5th grade teacher there that is a great teacher and he is a Christian. He comes highly recommended. We would not even consider this option without her teacher being a Christian. Sierra could still be in cheer leading and continue her speech therapy. They also offer her a lot of extra instruction in the areas that she struggles. She has several neighborhood friends who attend here and our carpool group is very helpful!
#2 Sierra could again be home schooled by her parents. This is where we are leaning at this point but I am not set on this decision. Homeschooling her part of 1st grade and all of 2nd grade was NOT easy. I now have two more children to add to the mix. There are a lot of benefits that would come out of homeschooling her and we are excited about those. We were invited to a mother/daughter tea put on by The Hedge group in Fresno and I felt very comfortable and excited about the possibility of her joining that group. If Mike's schedule gets changed he will have 7 days on and 7 days off which would free us to do a lot of traveling and field trips. These are things that we could not do if she is in school all day.
#3 Sierra could go to Fresno Christian. We are set on her attending Fresno Christian in Jr. High and/or High School but the plan was to wait until 7th grade. I am sure that Sierra would love it there and make many friends. The drawbacks would be that she would not receive speech through them or any other special services. It would be a pain to have to take her after school hours to speech therapy. It is also a pretty expensive option.
There are so many more positives and negatives to each choice that I haven't listed. I am just thinking out loud here. I am sure next year at this time we will see how God worked and I am sure we will make the right decision. I love looking back when I am out of the clouds and I can clearly see how God had his hand on each decision. Even though I am in the cloud of choices I know that the Lord will open and shuts doors. At this point we have experienced all three options with Sierra. She attended a Christian school in Kinder, Charter like school in first (as well as home schooled), Home schooled in second, and public school in third and forth grades. Each year the Lord has put her where she needs to be and given her teachers that understand her and are a blessing. I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for next year!
#1 Sierra could stay at Riverview and have another Christian teacher. There is a 5th grade teacher there that is a great teacher and he is a Christian. He comes highly recommended. We would not even consider this option without her teacher being a Christian. Sierra could still be in cheer leading and continue her speech therapy. They also offer her a lot of extra instruction in the areas that she struggles. She has several neighborhood friends who attend here and our carpool group is very helpful!
#2 Sierra could again be home schooled by her parents. This is where we are leaning at this point but I am not set on this decision. Homeschooling her part of 1st grade and all of 2nd grade was NOT easy. I now have two more children to add to the mix. There are a lot of benefits that would come out of homeschooling her and we are excited about those. We were invited to a mother/daughter tea put on by The Hedge group in Fresno and I felt very comfortable and excited about the possibility of her joining that group. If Mike's schedule gets changed he will have 7 days on and 7 days off which would free us to do a lot of traveling and field trips. These are things that we could not do if she is in school all day.
#3 Sierra could go to Fresno Christian. We are set on her attending Fresno Christian in Jr. High and/or High School but the plan was to wait until 7th grade. I am sure that Sierra would love it there and make many friends. The drawbacks would be that she would not receive speech through them or any other special services. It would be a pain to have to take her after school hours to speech therapy. It is also a pretty expensive option.
There are so many more positives and negatives to each choice that I haven't listed. I am just thinking out loud here. I am sure next year at this time we will see how God worked and I am sure we will make the right decision. I love looking back when I am out of the clouds and I can clearly see how God had his hand on each decision. Even though I am in the cloud of choices I know that the Lord will open and shuts doors. At this point we have experienced all three options with Sierra. She attended a Christian school in Kinder, Charter like school in first (as well as home schooled), Home schooled in second, and public school in third and forth grades. Each year the Lord has put her where she needs to be and given her teachers that understand her and are a blessing. I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for next year!

No comments:
Post a Comment